(Photo credit: Victor Grigas.)
Tropics (Sarasota, Fla.) a subsidiary of Insurity (Hartford) specializing in workers’ compensation software solutions, has announced the availability of the latest version of Tropics Breeze workers’ compensation core system platform. Tropics Breeze 7.1 offers a wide range of new features, according to the vendor, including the addition of SmartView technology, new interfaces, and the availability of Tropics Breeze as a cloud-ready, fully hosted solution delivered via a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Tropics Breeze includes policy and claims administration, integrated billing, agent and policyholder web portals, and business intelligence functionality.
“A wide range of new capabilities and interfaces are now available, including a greatly improved and powerful data visualization component, which will deliver insightful and concise dashboards and workbenches,” comments Jeremy Williams, COO, Tropics. “In addition to the software suite improvements, Tropics Breeze is also now available in the cloud via a software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription. The SaaS delivery option will lower our clients’ total cost of ownership, improve scalability, eliminate maintenance responsibilities, and increase speed to market.”
Tropics reports the following highlights among the new capabilities available with Version 7.1:
- New dashboards and workbenches powered by Insurity’s SmartView technology;
- Bulk workplace import on new business applications;
- File library to publish files for general download on the portal;
- Support for LiveChat, Inc. integration in self-service web portals for agents and policyholders;
- New “installer” to ease upgrades and reduce complication;
- Two-factor authentication for improved security;
- Additional paperless options for policy and endorsements; and
- Automated late notice and fee processing.
The new version of Tropics Breeze also provides new interfaces for: Vertafore ImageRight, Mitchell Bill Review, Mitchell CMS Compliance Reporting, Mitchell Managed Care Notes/Fee, and NCCI Experience Mods-on-Demand.
“Tropics already enjoyed a solid reputation as a leader in providing workers’ compensation solutions, and the introduction of this latest version serves to further strengthen our market position while enabling us to continue to deliver even more value to our clients who have put their trust and technology investments in our company,” Tropics’ Williams adds.