(Image source: SnowSOS homepage.)
SnowSOS, an InsurTech platform created by Roseland, N.J.-based Pinnacle Risk Management, has launched insurance for snow plowers that can be turned on and off for each job via smartphone. The new product is designed to give plowers and plow businesses a way to lower their general liability insurance cost to just $99/month per vehicle and no annual commitment.
SnowSOS seeks to address the challenges plowers face obtaining lower or consistently priced insurance, according to a company statement. “Insured residential plowers often jump through hoops to prevent their clients from leaving for their low-cost competitor rates made possible solely by low or no coverage,” the statement says. “The same can be said for larger commercial operations whose premium can impact pricing, account retention and ultimately their team.” SnowSOS is designed to mitigate these challenges by improving margins and lowering a barrier to coverage to help level the playing field for independents.
Pinnacle Risk Management owner Mike E. Caradimitropoulo reports that he created the concept after personal experience with an under-insured plower. “We had a slip and fall incident and property damage because a plow job was done incorrectly,” he recalls. “It was clear the plower’s policy lacked necessary coverage and the marketplace lacked an affordable solution for him so I created one.”
SnowSOS offers plowers the means of controlling coverage via the SnowSOS app by uploading a picture before and after the job. Behind the scenes is a platform business administrators can use to view fleet activity in real time and identify efficiencies. The company says that reporting dashboard and other tools will be added.
For $99/month per vehicle, SnowSOS reports that it includes:
- Certificate of Insurance and mobile app to turn coverage on & off with pictures.
- Coverage for up to 4 vehicles per account.
- Optional automated customer alerts with photos when their job is complete.
- At job start: Up to $100,000 for property damage & personal injury coverage.
- At job end: Up to $5,000 for completed operations coverage.
- Admin dashboard to track completed jobs & claims.
- Convenient online claim submission within each job log when needed.