(Photo credit: Tuxyso.)
Roost, a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based provider of home telematics solutions for property insurance carriers, has announced a new Commercial Property Telematics Solution. Roost describes the new offering as a turn-key white label solution is designed specifically to address the needs of the SMB commercial insurance property market at an affordable price.
Roosts sensor-based, wireless online protective solution for property owners delivers 24/7 proactive alert management focused on water leak, temperature, power outage and fire/CO alarm situations. The solution also includes a white label mobile app that enables an engaging branded offering for the carrier and its customers.
Roost reports key features of the new commercial solution as follows:
- 24/7 alert management service: Reliable proactive service ensures that the right person receives the emergency alert at the right time. Allows you to take appropriate action to mitigate losses.
- Long range proprietary wireless solution: Commercial grade wireless technology enables extended range of sensors 5X greater than traditional Wi-Fi. Perfect for typical properties up to 25,000 square feet.
- Maximize adoption rate: New “Zero-Install” technology enables initial connection in less than 30 seconds. “Just Plug It In” for a simple DIY installation.
Benefits that insurers can enjoy by providing the Roost solution to their policyholders include the following, according to the vendor’s description:
- Lower water and fire loss costs: Cut annual claims cost through proactive steps to save millions each year.
- Higher customer engagement: White label mobile app provides relevant and actionable insurance company branded communications.
- Actionable Data: The solution captures over 12 new real-time data elements from inside the property for better risk evaluation and pricing.
“We are thrilled to announce our new Commercial Property Telematics solution,” comments Roel Peeters, co-founder and CEO, Roost. “The development of this complete solution underscores Roost’s commitment to building affordable sensor-based solutions for the P&C insurance industry. We’ve built upon our proven technology and experience in the personal property insurance market to deliver a new platform that is appropriate for small commercial properties. We worked with our existing insurance partners to develop this solution that has compelling value to both insurer and property owner.”