(Statues of Lafayette, Hamilton and Washington in Morristown, N.J. Photo credit: Jim Hamill.)
ProSight Specialty Insurance (Morristown, N.J.) has implemented Duck Creek Technologies’ (Columbia, S.C.) Duck Creek Policy to serve as the foundation of the insurer’s digital strategy, according to a vendor statement. The new system enables the niche insurance provider to meet growth initiatives by reducing operational complexities and creating a platform that supports customized products and services to deliver value to distribution partners and customers, Duck Creek reports.
Now in production, the policy platform will help ProSight achieve several key objectives, according to the vendor:
- Increase efficiencies by automating and streamlining processes;
- Enhance business agility, empower partners and increase customer satisfaction;
- Enable business growth without the need to increase staff;
- Launch new programs within 30-90 days; and
- Advance ProSight’s digital strategy by supporting the different channels used by partners and customers.
“Our mission is to create unrivaled value for our customers by delivering unique and comprehensive solutions,” comments Darryl Siry, chief digital officer, ProSight Specialty Insurance. “In today’s market, however, it’s takes more than great products. It takes getting those products to market quickly, being able to make changes quickly and making sure your customers have extraordinary experiences on and off line. We needed a platform that can underpin all of those efforts and a partner who knows insurance inside and out. Duck Creek is that partner.”
ProSight utilized Accenture, a Platinum Premier delivery partner for Duck Creek, to integrate the new policy platform with internal and third-party systems already in production, according to Duck Creek. The implementation included:
- 11 lines of business – commercial auto, property, general liability, inland marine, crime, workers’ compensation, umbrella, BOP, Mass auto, CPP, and professional liability;
- Deployment in 50 states for admitted/non-admitted business; and
- Bureau-based products (ISO, NCCI, AAIS and independent state bureaus) with deviated rates, rules and forms. Distribution via exclusive agency partners.
“We are enjoying great success in the specialty insurance marketplace thanks to the exclusive relationships we have with a select number of agents who are true experts in their market segment,” adds ProSight’s Siry, “To continue growing our business profitably, we needed a solution that enables us to put customer service first, with the flexibility and functionality to address the unique needs of our partners and customers.”
Meeting the Shifting Needs of the Specialty Market
“We are delighted to be partnering with ProSight as they transition to our Duck Creek solutions, which enable them to deliver the customer service that has made them so successful,” comments Michael A. Jackowski, CEO, Duck Creek Technologies. “With the shifting needs of the specialty market, having a foundational platform that is flexible enough to support today’s digital environment as well as the innovations that are sure to come along, will enable ProSight to better serve their unique customers now and in the future.”