HP (Palo Alto, Calif.) has added two solutions to its multichannel customer communication management (CCM) portfolio designed to help organizations enhance customer experience, engagement and profitability. HP Exstream 9.0 and HP Exstream Empower Editor, which the vendor characterizes as exemplifying the evolution of transactional CCM from paper and electronic communications to mobile and social channels, are designed to deliver improved design and interaction capabilities, enabling organizations to shift control of customer communications to instrumental business and marketing users, according to the vendor.
“Today’s consumers demand relevant communications delivered where and when they wish to receive it,” comments Mike Salfity, general manager, Exstream, HP. “HP is providing businesses with the tools necessary to create a personalized customer experience, across multiple communications channels, to enhance relationships and deliver better business outcomes.”
HP characterizes the new HP Exstream offerings as follows:
HP Exstream 9.0, featuring HP Exstream Design & Production, makes customer communications a key competitive differentiator, helping organizations retain existing customers, attract new customers and facilitate profitable customer interactions.
HP Exstream Empower Editor is a new zero-footprint interface that allows HP Exstream users to facilitate interactions between consumers and remote and mobile front-office workers.
HP Exstream Design & Production 9.0 builds upon HP Exstream’s strength in delivering consistent control of communication content and messages across print and digital channels, HP asserts. The vendor says that organizations using the new version will be better positioned to address dynamic electronic communication requirements and deliver on their mobile device communication strategies.
New features include the following, according to an HP statement:
- Multichannel support and responsive design capabilities that enable companies to design and develop communications for mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
- Updated user interface that provides a consistent style and appearance across core products like Designer, Design Manager and LiveEditor.
- Enhanced document creation capabilities that enable the production of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level AA compliant PDF-based communications for consumers who are visually impaired.
- Simple and intuitive editing for business users
- HP Exstream Empower Editor enables organizations to provide front-office business users with a browser-based editor to meet their needs for controlling interactive communications. This product delivers several key capabilities, including:
- Thin client solution reduces costs by cutting down the need for IT deployment and maintenance.
- Fresh, intuitive interface that provides users both inside and outside the business with the capability to personalize communications while maintaining consistent branding and meeting compliance requirements.
- Operation in a standard web browser without additional download or install needs, which helps users personalize communications in a controlled environment.
- Enhanced response to user input in order to automatically populate communications with approved content.
- Interactive design capabilities in the HP Exstream 9.0 design and production environment let users design HP Empower communications.