(Motorists Insurance Group headquarters, Columbus, Ohio.)
The Motorists Insurance Group has selected Guidewire InsuranceSuite as its new platform for underwriting, claims management, billing, rating and policy administration. Motorists has engaged PwC, a certified Guidewire partner, as its implementation partner.
“Complex market demands and abundant technology options have contributed to a dramatically different industry landscape and a need for significant change,” comments John Kessler, senior VP and CIO, Motorists. “We have an unprecedented opportunity to transform our organization.”
Motorists’ selection process aimed at a pre-integrated core system suite that would allow the carrier to be more product-centric, build analytics and power customer experience, according to Kessler. “The enhanced knowledge management capabilities and accessibility [provided by InsuranceSuite] is expected to have a significant impact on the products and services we deliver and on the responsiveness to our customers’ needs.”
Motorists anticipates achieving the following as a result of a transition to a modern technology platform and data architecture:
- A successful transition to a modern technology platform and data architecture will allow Motorists to:
- Improve service levels for agents and policyholders through automation, accessibility and self-service capabilities;
- Improve product and pricing flexibility along with speed to market;
- Promote consistent business practices and support a single, unified data model across all companies in the group; and
- Enhance operational efficiencies by standardizing policy administration, billing management and claims handling processes.