(Image source: Insurity homepage.)
Insurity, Inc. (Hartford) has announced that it has made software updates to Policy Decisions Evolution (PDE) software across all lines of business, from monoline workers’ compensation to sophisticated commercial package (CPP) policies. The new version adds a wide array of new workflow features and enhancements to enable more intuitive, collaborative, and efficient user experiences for insurance carriers and agents, according to the vendor.
Insurity describes PDE as a modern policy administration system that supports the entire policy lifecycle on a unified platform, leveraging the largest API ecosystem in the insurance industry for connecting third-party data and services. Since the first implementation of Policy Decisions Evolution in 2016, over 20 percent of insurers on Policy Decisions have successfully migrated to the newer platform, according to the vendor. Nationwide was among the first to take advantage of the most modern policy administration platform available in the market.
“We upgraded to Policy Decisions Evolution after working closely with Insurity to automate many lines of business including General Liability, Auto, Workers’ Compensation, Umbrella, and Inland Marine from rating to policy issuance,” comments Leigh Hill, process management consultant at Nationwide Agribusiness Insurance Company. “Not only was the implementation delivered quickly with minimal issues, but the improved UI and functionality were highly impactful to our operations. We are also better positioned to increase speed to market and the efficiency of future product upgrades while still maintaining our ability to keep up with the latest regulatory changes.”
The new version of PDE includes, by Insurity’s description:
- 360° Policy Snapshots: Insurers and agents gain a complete view of policy information, including billing and claims, as well as summary and transaction history for better visibility and decision-making.
- Agent and Insured Landing pages: Provides easy access to the most critical functions for each role.
- Intuitive Agent and Underwriter Home Screens: View, search and filter quotes and policies, including predefined filters such as “My Policies” and “Assigned to Me.”
- Comprehensive Quote Dashboards: Provides easy access to submission details, including underwriting approvals, rating, quoting, and binding.
- Optional Price Indication Feature: Agents can check the price before officially submitting the risk to strengthen validation and reduce the potential for human error.
- Improved Predictive Modeling Integration: Better incorporation into submission workflow allows for tier and other factors to be considered during the underwriting and pricing process, enabling automation of quotes based on flexible business rules.
- Updated Referral Processing: Prevents agents from making changes to referrals while underwriters are reviewing and quoting submissions.
- Digital Platform: Insurers can access the functionality and data within PDE through Insurity and partner APIs to enable new distribution channels and operational performance improvements delivering increased business processing and end-user satisfaction.
“Our on-going development of Policy Decisions Evolution reflects Insurity’s continued focus on developing a policy administration system with the simplicity and flexibility to support our customers, now and in the future,” comments Michele Shepard, CRO of Insurity. “We are committed to providing leading technology, digital capabilities, and cloud services that allow our clients to focus less on back-end operations and spend more time on creating value for their clients and markets.”
MVP Advisory Group and Insurity Partner on Services to P&C Insurers