(Panorama of Quebec City. Source: Datch78.)
Industrial Alliance Auto and Home Insurance (IAAH) has selected the Exigen Suite to serve as the Quebec City-based carrier’s multi-line core insurance processing platform aimed at supporting growth and driving improved operational efficiency, product distribution management and improved customer services. The carrier will go live early in 2014 on Exigen Insurance Solutions’ (EIS) PolicyCore, BillingCore and ClaimCore.
The Exigen Suite provides a comprehensive solution that will allow the carrier to undertake a full transformation of the way it does business, according to Sophie Duval, VP, risk management, IAAH. “Our customers will appreciate being able to conduct business with us in French and English via any channel in real time, be it phone, email or online self-service,” she comments. “Our staff will appreciate the end-to-end automation of everyday business processes that will save them time and reduce our operational costs.”
“We see EIS’ pre-integrated policy, billing and claims solution as an opportunity to raise productivity and efficiency levels simultaneously across the enterprise,” Duval adds.
IAAH’s initial rollout will comprise the launch of home and auto products for new business, as well as migrating three million account and customer records, policy headers and recent quotes for the carrier’s home and auto lines of business. The insurer will be able to manage marketing communications to its large contact database using the Exigen Suite’s new integrated CustomerCore module for customer relationship and communications management.
The Exigen Suite will replace an aging legacy OS 400 system that is difficult to modify for new products and processes, and as such is expected to deliver a significant increase in IT efficiency, according to Pascal Lavoie, IAAH’s chief technology officer. “The configurability and flexibility of the EIS system will provide us greater elf-sufficiency than usually found on comparable systems,” observes. “We have a very talented IT and business operations staff, and we want to be able to benefit from their ability to directly upgrade, develop and manage products and processes without always turning to a solution vendor’s support staff.”
Business benefits that IAAH anticipates from the Exigen Suite implementation include:
- An integrated view of customer information across its core operations that improves customer service response and effectiveness;
- A highly-configurable tool to accelerate product development;
- Self-service portals for customers and for agents;
- On demand multi-lingual engagement of customers;
- Automated underwriting capabilities that streamline new business and policy servicing processes;
- An optimized claims handling system that eliminates many manual processes so that staff can focus on serving customers; and
- Business intelligence (BI) and monitoring tools that track all system activity to provide business performance benchmarking, reporting, dashboards and activity-based costing.