(Image credit: Shutterstock.)
EIS Group, a San Francisco-based provider of insurance core systems, has announced that the its EIS Digital Experience Platform (DXP) has been integrated with and is using Microsoft Bot Framework to deliver intelligent assistant and other artificial intelligence (AI) services that augment the skills of customer service agents and enhance direct to consumer interactions to improve the quality, speed and cost-effectiveness of customer engagement, according to a company statement.
EIS describes DXP as enabling the packaging of insurance products and services for digital distribution to customers and partners as high-quality, role-based omnichannel experiences. DXP connects with data and core services as a key component of a comprehensive platform for digital transformation. The adoption of Bot Framework makes it easy for DXP users to incorporate AI services into personalized marketing, selling and servicing interactions powered by DXP, according to the vendor.
The integration of DXP and Bot Framework lets EIS clients build and connect their own bots to customer communication channels and add cognitive skills that enable bots to see, hear, interpret and interact with users naturally, according to EIS.
The vendor reports that users of DXP will use the Microsoft Bot Framework to:
- Add chatbots to insurer mobile and web applications;
- Use chatbots to assist sales and marketing interactions and turn existing chat services—SMS/text, Skype chat, Facebook messaging, Webchat, etc.—into customer service channels;
- Create smart bots that understand customer requests and intent and recognize entities such as policies and claims;
- Use Microsoft Cognitive Services to recognize photos of autos and other objects, identify customers by voice and understand sentiment, and access customer and industry data; and
- Capture customer interaction data and use it to infer the next best action.
“Microsoft Bot Framework helps us meet clients’ needs to deepen customer engagement with the experience they demand,” comments Fazi Zand, senior VP of products at EIS Group. “It allows our clients to augment the skills and knowledge of staff while driving more efficient, automated workflows and accelerating the pace of their digital transformations.”