(Photo credit: Steve Garvie.)
CSC (Falls Church, Va.) has added new security, compliance, data infrastructure technologies and cloud deployment options to its Big Data Platform as a Service (BDPaaS) offering, which the vendor says enables enterprise and public sector clients to go into production within 30 days across a variety of cloud and dedicated architectures.
“This is a very competitive as-a-service offering that truly does take a platform approach to Big Data and Analytics requirements by integrating Hadoop, relational and streaming technologies to support high volumes of any type of data at any speed,” comments Dan Vesset, VP Business Analytics and Big Data, IDC. “CSC’s ability to offer and support a number of open source as well as enterprise technologies on an integrated platform gives clients options to better address a wide variety of current and future Big Data use cases.”
The CSC BDPaaS has been engineered to support an “as-a-Service” on several cloud infrastructures including Amazon, CSC Cloud Solutions, RedHat OpenStack and VMware VSphere private clouds, according to the vendor. This allows flexible deployment models within the customer’s datacenter as well as trusted third-party datacenters including CSC’s. With the CSC BDPaaS, CSC customers are also able to leverage the ServiceMesh Agility Platform, which provides cloud management, governance, and security across public, private and hybrid clouds.
CSC BDPaaS offers batch analytics, fine-grained and interactive analytics, and real-time streaming analytics, the vendor reports. Along with a suite of improved next-generation reference architectures for IBM, SAP, Oracle, and Teradata, it is the only “as a service” offering that seamlessly integrates with Hadoop, Ad-Hoc Query and Streaming analytics to support high volumes, high velocities and any type of data, CSC claims.
“CSC is uniquely positioned to support predictive and prescriptive analytics for actionable insights from internal and external data to better manage customer intelligence, product innovation, risks and operational efficiencies,” comments Jim Kaskade, vice president and general manager, Big Data & Analytics, CSC. “Clients can minimize up-front costs and leverage existing technology investments without sacrificing time-to-market mandates. We’re helping clients unlock the power and potential of Big Data with greater speed, efficiency and confidence.”
Benefits of CSC’s BDPaaS to insurers include the following according to the vendor:
- Insights from data in less than 30 days, even in the most complex hybrid environments;
- Ability to exploit previously untapped enterprise and machine generated data;
- Scale up/down infrastructure and services-as-needed to align spend with expected returns;
- Quick-start proofs of concept with ability to rapidly operationalize;
- Ability to rapidly develop, test and deploy analytic models and applications to accelerate time to value;
- Integration of the Hortonworks Data Platform and Mongo DB as well as enhancements to our support of Storm, Hbase, Elasticsearch and Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop;
- Enhanced support for HIPPA, PCI and other regulatory standards for applications with compliance requirements; and
- Enterprise-class security.