Crawford Technologies (Toronto), a provider of document solutions designed to streamline, improve and manage customer communications, has announced the release of the newest version of its document archiving software, PRO Archiver 3.7.1. The solution is designed to help enterprises maximize the value of report content with continuing support for the newest versions of the OpenText Documentum and OpenText InfoArchive products.
PRO Archiver makes it possible for companies to use their enterprise content management systems to store computer-generated reports and customer documents and maintain compatibility with existing Documentum and InfoArchive installations, according to a Crawfordd Technologies statement. The vendor says PRO Archiver offers improved productivity and lowers production cost with its ability to reduce processing time, administration and storage costs, in addition to mitigating risk and aligning compliance initiatives.
“This new version of PRO Archiver contains many enhancements to processing speed and system administration. It provides the best solution possible for organizations that need to archive transactional customer documents that are normally contained in print files,” comments Ernie Crawford, president of Crawford Technologies. “The release of PRO Archiver 3.7.1 underscores our continuing commitment to the PRO Archiver solution, providing benefits to our customers that include a highly efficient storage model, fidelity of the original print file and elimination of any file conversion overhead incurred during the archive process.”
PRO Archiver offers users the following functionality, according to the vendor’s description:
- Enterprise-class scalable processing server
- Support for transforming, indexing and archiving of text, PDF, AFP, Xerox Metacode/DJDE, Postscript and PCL files containing multiple documents
- Archiving to OpenText Documentum and OpenText InfoArchive
- Utilizes open standard archival formats, including PDF and PDF/A
- Extensible plug-in-based architecture
- PRO Archiver is an excellent solution for new and current Documentum users who manage reports and transactional customer communication documents in Documentum.