4Sight Business Intelligence, Inc., has released version 5.0 of its Property & Casualty Business Intelligence Solution, which the vendor says simplifies the user experience and adds more than 250 new features and improvements.
The new version of the solution provides what 4Sight calls a full spectrum of analytics for data-driven carriers, MGAs and agencies, regardless of data type and volume, IT architecture or analysis required.
“Our emphasis continues to be on providing a product with an easy, fixed price, installation and the ability to expand as needed which satisfies carriers and MGAs of all sizes, writing all lines of property & casualty insurance,” comments Robert Clark, vice president of Development, 4Sight, “Our clients are able to integrate 4Sight into their environment in a relatively short time with big returns for their users as well as having the ability to extend these business intelligence capabilities to their agents and others.”
The vendor describes 4Sight for Property & Casualty as a complete, affordable, solution with close to 100 preconfigured reports, dashboards and hundreds of analytics. The solution is designed for ease-of-use and includes “what-if?” capabilities for use in underwriting, claims, billing, reinsurance and other areas, 4Sight reports. The solution supports multiple platforms – including Windows, UNIX, Linux and iSeries – and multiple databases, including SQL, Oracle, DB2 and Image, according to 4Sight.
The vendor identifies three major categories of features and improvements, characterizing them as follows:
Simplified analytics and user experience
- New User Console and streamlined user interface – The 4SightBI User Console is completely redesigned to significantly improve the user experience, so users can easily browse files, create new content, quickly access recent documents, mark ‘favorites,’ and more.
- Re-designed experience for administrators – A new administrator perspective is now integrated into the 4SightBI User Console for a single seamless experience. Administrators can easily configure and manage security levels, licensing and servers, resulting in improved efficiency and time to implementation.
- Uniquely inspired custom dashboards – Executives and managers can view top-line metrics through 4SightBI’s new custom-designed, insight-driven dashboards, delivered directly to desktops or mobile devices.
Blended data of all types for more accurate insights
- More complete analysis – Data becomes more valuable when blended with operational and other data sources to provide a more complete picture of the business. 4SightBI utilizes the first platform to enable analysts to easily blend all data types and immediately report, visualize and explore for greater insights.
- Continued agnostic approach to databases and browsers – support of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and others, including mobile, as well as MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and most other ANSI SQL compliant databases.
Enterprise-ready big data integration
- Broadest and deepest big data integration – Up-to-date integrations and certifications for popular big data stores ensure businesses keep pace with ongoing changes in the big data ecosystem and are prepared for the future. New integrations include Amazon Redshift, Cloudera Impala, Splunk; certifications include MongoDB, Cassandra, DataStax, Cloudera, Intel, Hortonworks and MapR.
- New features help IT manage huge data volumes efficiently – New capabilities like job restart, roll back and load balancing are all included in 4SIghtBI. Simplified Embedded Analytics
- New REST services for third-party application developers – 4SightBI for P&C includes new REST services for simplified embedding of analytics and reporting into web-deployed applications delivered as a service.
4Sight identifies the following other improvements available within version 5.0 of the Property & Casualty Business Intelligence Solution
- Improved performance through use of new aggregate tables;
- Added support for multiple currencies;
- Scheduling now has ability to create blackout periods;
- Enhancements for custom policy and claim transaction types;
- Automated validation process improved and notifications enhanced;
- Improved Help Documentation and tutorials;
- Additional mobile platform support;
- ETL flexibility and configurability extended;
- Improved configuration of LDAP and ADS integration;
- Enhanced time filtering in ad-hoc analysis;
- Added additional measures for analysis;
- Added latitude and longitude capabilities to enhance mapping.